Right Wing Bonus Tracks: Zero Degrees of Empathy
- Jake MacAulay asserts that Rep. Stephanie Borowicz’s controversial opening prayer was perfectly fine because “the intent of our founders was not to sanction religions outside of Christianity.”
- Peter Sprigg argues that Congress should not add protections for sexual orientation to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 via the Equality Act because, he says, sexual orientation is a choice. (Does that mean the Civil Rights Act should drop its protections based on religion because that is a choice?)
- Victor Davis Hanson declares that President Trump “has a degree of empathy that was not only surprising, but exceeded all the others” in the 2016 election.
- David Jolly says that Trump shouldn’t have to turn over his tax returns because President Obama refused to “reveal his real birth certificate.”
- Finally, the Family Research Council is outraged that some Democrats in Congress chose to display transgender equality flags to commemorate Transgender Visibility Week: “Lord, we feel righteous indignation when we see a flag honoring members of the military taken down in favor of a flag celebrating confused and sinful behavior. We plead for your mercy on us as a nation when some of our leaders value such confusion over courage, sexual anarchy over sacrifice. God of Hosts, you are our banner! To your standard we rally and for you we will stand!”