On Sunday morning, ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” gave right-wing shock pundit Ann Coulter a national platform to opine on national politics and promote herself and her books. “This Week” is generally a serious and reasonable look back on the week’s political events. Coulter, however, is neither serious nor reasonable – not even close.
These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzies. I have never seen people enjoying their husbands’ death so much.
- Women shouldn’t be allowed to vote: “If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president. It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.”
- Killing an abortion doctor isn’t murder: “Well, apparently, this one random nut who shot Tiller — I don’t really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester.”
- John Edwards is a “faggot”: “I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘faggot,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Edwards.”
- Whites don’t think about blacks because they’re inferior: “Here’s a little inside scoop about white people: We’re not thinking about you. Especially WASPs. We think everybody is inferior, and we are perfectly charming about it.”
- Muslims shouldn’t be allowed to fly on airlines: “I think airlines ought to start advertising: ‘We have the most civil rights lawsuits brought against us by Arabs.'” “[Muslims] could use flying carpets.”
- Jews need to be “perfected” by becoming Christian: “We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say. That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express.”