Earlier this week, extremist anti-gay activist Scott Lively released his list of the “Top Ten Pro-Family Heroes of 2015,” highlighting anti-gay activists “who showed courage under fire or whose words and actions gave special encouragement to our movement.”
As the “2015 Pro-Family Hero of the Year,” Lively rewarded Brian Camenker of MassResistance with a $500 donation and urged his supporters to financially support these other “worthy organizations” to “help them in their work”:
1) 2015 Pro-Family Hero of the Year
Brian Camenker, MassResistance, for consistent dogged determination, effective activism, and optimism in the face of overwhelming opposition in the most homosexual-controlled state in the union.
2) Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel, for his bold, principled defiance of the United States Supreme Court in the Obergefell “gay marriage” ruling, and his defense of conscientious objector Kim Davis who refused to issue marriage licenses to homosexuals in Kentucky.
3) Janet Folger, Faith 2 Action, for her tenacious “Restrain the Judges” campaign, culminating in a press conference on the steps of the Supreme Court asking Congress to remove jurisdiction over “gay marriage” from the United States Supreme Court, and for her subsequent valiant efforts to force SCOTUS to reconsider its Obergefell decision.
4) Arthur Goldberg, Jews Offering New Alternatives for Healing (JONAH) for standing firm through a terrible lawsuit brought against JONAH by the Southern Poverty Law Center claiming that offering recovery to homosexuals amounted to consumer fraud under New Jersey law.
5) Peter LaBarbera, Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, for his consistently gracious and courageous cultural analysis, activism and journalism at great personal cost.
6) David Kupelian, WND.com, for his ongoing fearless publication of the truth and his newest book, “The Snapping of the American Mind.”
7) J. Matt Barber of Barbwire.com for establishing a wonderful new medium for Christian witness and defense of the truth.
8) Diane Gramley, American Family Association of PA, for her steady, persistent and unflappable defense of family values.
9) Dr. Michael Brown, Line of Fire Radio Ministry, for the encouragement he has provided to the movement with his fearless radio commentary and especially new book, Outlasting the Gay Revolution.
10) Dr. Don Welch: Center for Enriching Relationships, for being the first-named of three litigants against California’s SB1172 law preventing professional psychotherapists from helping gender identity confused adolescents who possess a biblical worldview.
In addition to these “heroes,” Lively also provided a list of those who “deserve honorable mention” and one name, more than any other, jumped out at us:
Rev. Franklin Graham, for his many media appearances in which he courageously articulated the truth.
Robert Reilly, for his outstanding book, “Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior is Changing Everything.”
Anne Paulk, executive director of Restored Hope Network for pulling the remnants of Exodus International back together and moving forward with grace, energy and truth.
Robert Oscar Lopez for his many articles, his brave stand, his amicus brief in the Obergefell case, and his book “Jephthah’s Daughters.”
Bryan Fischer and AFR radio for outstanding exposition of and defense of the truth.
Pastor Steve Branson, Village Parkway Baptist Church, San Antonio, TX for his strong public support of Master Sgt. Phillip Monk
The pastors who championed the HERO case in Houston, TX.
Dr. Steven Hotze, Conservative Republicans of Texas
Bill Wiesner, TCFamily.org, Michigan.
Aaron and Melissa Kline, Sweet Cakes by Melissa, Oregon.
Baronelle Stutzman, Arlene’s Flowers, Richland, Washington.
Jack Phillips, Masterpiece Cake Shop, Lakewood, CO.
Kim Davis, Morehead, KY.
Ed Hernandez and Mark Bonkiewicz, Nebraskans for Founders Values.
Phil Sevilla, Texas Leadership Coalition
Bradlee Dean: SonsofLibertyRadio.com
David Skinner of England.
Julio Sevaro of Brazil.
Very Special Thanks to pro-family hero Linda Harvey of Mission America for her help in compiling this list.
Theodore Shoebat is, of course, a truly deranged anti-gay activist who has openly and repeatedly called for a”global inquisition” to force gay people to either submit to Christianity or be put to death: