Cuccinelli: McAuliffe is Waging 'The Real War on Women'…Because He Hasn't Commented on Mayor Three Time Zones Away
Last week, the Republican National Committee and the four national GOP campaign committees sent out a memo claiming that there is in fact a Democratic “war on women” being waged on two fronts: New York mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner’s sexting and San Diego mayor Bob Filner’s sexual harassment.
Claiming that “most Democrats said nothing” about the San Diego mayor’s serial sexual harassment and the former congressman’s serial sexting of strangers, the memo charges, “With their silence, they are sanctioning the actions of Bob Filner and Anthony Weiner and numerous others who have assaulted, harassed, and preyed on women.”
Now, Virginia attorney general and Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli has picked up on the theme, sending out a fund raising email with a graphic connecting Cuccinelli’s Democratic opponent Terry McAuliffe and President Obama with Weiner and Filner.
“By not condemning Weiner and Filner’s unacceptable behavior towards women, leaders like Obama and McAuliffe are signaling to our young people that it’s okay for powerful American leaders to harass, humiliate and assault women,” the email reads.
As many commentators have noted, the GOP’s new attempt to turn the tables on the War on Women isn’t exactly convincing, especially coming from the party of trans-vaginal ultrasounds and “legitimate rape.”
But the argument is almost comical coming from Cuccinelli, who has one of the most extreme records in the country when it comes to women’s health and women’s rights. This is a candidate who:
- Calls the Affordable Care Act’s birth control mandate a “sterilization mandate” and suggested that activists be ready to “go to jail” to fight it.
- Cosponsored “personhood” legislation that would have banned not only all abortions under all circumstances, but also certain common types of birth control.
- Twice voted against legislation clarifying that birth control is not a form of abortion.
- Twice introduced measures to defund Planned Parenthood clinics in Virginia.
- As attorney general, pushed through harsh “TRAP” regulations of abortion clinics, which have already forced one long-established clinic to close.
- Refuses to state his position on the Violence Against Women Act.
Yet, Terry McAuliffe is waging “the real war on women” because of the actions of a man he’s never met who lives on the opposite side of the country.
Share this post
Phyllis Schlafly: Obama Intentionally Bringing In Ebola To Make America More Like Africa
10/9/14 @ 11:12am
WorldNetDaily Pundit: Obama Using Ebola To Put Us In FEMA Coffins, Impose Martial Law
10/8/14 @ 1:15pm
An 'Utterly Exasperated' Mike Huckabee Threatens To Leave The GOP Over Gay Marriage
10/7/14 @ 3:34pm
The Bible Code Definitively Proves Obama Is The Antichrist!
10/7/14 @ 12:55pm
The Religious Right Reacts To SCOTUS Gay Marriage Decision: 'Unconscionable, Unconstitutional, And Un-American'
10/6/14 @ 3:38pm