The only thing more ironic than Donald Trump complaining about Hillary Clinton’s criticism of the “deplorables” who support his candidacy is Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council pointing to her comments as proof that liberals are mean-spirited and “narrow-minded.” Perkins, who was speaking on Fox Business News, even hinted about Clinton possibly imprisoning her opponents:
This is the same Tony Perkins who:
- Defended Uganda’s “kill-the-gays” bill as a “laudable” effort “to uphold moral conduct.”
- Claimed gay youth have a higher suicide rate because they intrinsically know their sexual orientation is “abnormal.”
- Asserted that there is “a correlation between homosexuality and pedophilia” and that pedophilia “is a homosexual problem.”
- Described LGBT rights activists as pawns of the Devil: “The Enemy is simply using them as pawns, they are held captive by the Enemy.”
- Compared LGBT rights supporters to the Charlie Hebdo attackers.
- Argued that LGBT rights activists want “the indoctrination of our kids” because “there is an emptiness within them” and “they are looking for that acceptance.”
- Warned that “global homosexuality” and “radical sexualism” is promoting “immorality” and the persecution of Christians.
- Called the It Gets Better Project a “disgusting” attempt to “recruit” children “into that lifestyle” and have them come out “as homosexual (or transgendered or some other perversion).”