Today’s best reporting on the Right from around the web:
- Box Turtle Bulletin has a complete transcript of Utah Sen. Chris Buttar’s interview, which we mentioned here. Relatedly, Andrew Sullivan points out that in addition to being a homophobe, Buttars is also the former Executive Director of the controversial Utah Boys Ranch.
- Steve Benen reports that Republicans in Congress have suddenly discovered the importance of the White House preserving its emails.
- Pharyngula has a post on the University of Vermont’s Nicholas Gotelli and his great response to an invitation he received to debate David Klinghoffer from the Discovery Institute.
- The Washington Blade reports that anti-gay forces are hard at work trying to regain their national influence, stemming from their fear that Congress will advance gay rights legislation.
- Finally, Kathryn Joyce, author of “Quiverfull: Inside the Christian Patriarchy Movement,” has a piece on Babble explaining just what the movement is all about:
[T]he most important thing to understand about the Quiverfull movement [is that] in order for a woman to be Quiverfull, she must embrace a life of absolute submission and obedience to God, her husband, and the cause of Christian revival — winning the culture wars — by having more children than the “other side.” At the heart of this call is Quiverfull’s insistence that women’s individual rights and desires are of secondary importance to the larger cause.