We’re closing a bit early for the holiday weekend, so here’s an early edition of the daily round-up
- Dana Milbankprofiles the Religious Right’s new “Freedom Federation.”
- Is Scott Lively really going to move on from his gay-bashing and Holocaust revisionism? Not exactly, says Jim Burroway.
- Nate Silver says Mike Huckabee’s best move might be to sit out the 2012 presidential race. I’m willing to boldly predict that that will not happen.
- Steve Benen reports that, eight months after the end of the election, the McCain campaign’s struggles over dealing with Sarah Palin continue to make news.
- Finally, Media Matters has posted a hilarious Colbert Report clip about Fox News’ tendency to identify every scandal-plagued politician as a Democrat.