Right Wing Leftovers – 8/20/12
- Pat Robertson claims he “misstated my heartfelt dedication and commitment to helping orphans” when he said people should be careful about adopting kids because they might get a weird one.
- The Religious Right continues to exploit last week’s shooting at FRC headquarters for all that it is worth.
- On a related note, Scott Lively is demanding that the SPLC remove him from their list of anti-gay hate groups.
- Hank Williams Jr. says “we’ve got a Muslim president who hates farming, hates the military, hates the US and we hate him!” Where are all those people who burned Dixie Chicks cds when they “insulted” President Bush?
- The National Organization for Marriage is hilariously claiming that their boycott of Starbucks has cost the company billions of dollars.
- Finally, quote of the day from Professor John Fea responding to the attacks leveled at David Barton’s critics: “Fact-checkers are not historians and one does not have to be a historian to check facts.”