Right Wing Bonus Tracks – 12/1/14
- The Alliance Defending Freedom’s Alan Sears is excited about Pope Francis’ scheduled visit to the United States in 2015 because “this could be a turning point in the struggle for marriage.”
- Glenn Beck muses that Ronald Reagan never would have been elected president were it not for Walt Disney.
- Janet Porter is calling upon activists to “fast until the Heartbeat Bill is passed.”
- Writing in the Christian Post, Bethany Blankley blindly repeats David Barton’s bogus history: “The founding fathers knew this, recalling Exodus 18 and 21, Leviticus 18, Ezekiel 3, and Isaiah 33:22, among others, understanding the Judeo-Christian God, the Lord, as lawgiver, judge, and king. Following this model, they devised three branches of government. Congress, the legislative branch—represents the lawgiver; the judicial branch—the judge, and the executive branch—the king, primary ruler, head of government.”
- OneNewsNow falsely claims that “pastors are barred from endorsing candidates or preaching about them, which means even though they are Americans, they do not have free speech rights.”
- Finally, dozens of Religious Right leaders are asking Governor Rick Perry to commute the death sentence of Scott Panetti, mostly because they are concerned that he is so mentally ill that he believes he is to be “executed for preaching the Gospels to his fellow prisoners.”