Proud Boys Member Arrested for Portland Assault Takes Plea Deal

(Screenshot / KOIN 6 via YouTube)

Proud Boys member Donovon Flippo has accepted a plea deal after participating in a violent attack in Portland that left its victim with a split lip and a bloody nose, according to Western States Center. More details about the deal will be announced later today in Portland.

Flippo was arrested in March on a federal charge of third-degree assault and a misdemeanor charge of fourth-degree assault for an attack he participated in the prior year. The Oregonian reports that Flippo allegedly joined Proud Boys member Tusitala John “Tiny” Toese in an attack on 35-year-old Timothy Ledwith in Portland that left Ledwith bleeding. The paper reported:

Timothy Ledwith, 35, said he was punched June 8 by Flippo and Proud Boys member Tusitala John “Tiny” Toese after they exchanged words near Northeast 12th Avenue and Broadway. Toese punched him in the face, Ledwith said.

Ledwith fell to the ground, hit his head and when he came to, noticed Flippo standing over him. Another witness reported that Flippo had struck Ledwith next, according to Ledwith.

A grand jury voted to bring charges against the two right-wing extremists who attacked Ledwith earlier this year after Willamette Week reported that Portland Police had built a case against Toese and Flippo but decided not to pursue it. Text message exchanges between Portland Police Lt. Jeff Niiya and Patriot Prayer organizer Joey Gibson revealed an amicable relationship between Gibson and police.

Flippo was involved in a similar incident in Vancouver, Washington, with Toese, but the duo was allowed to leave the scene without charges. Toese is thought to still be residing in American Samoa but said on Facebook earlier this year that he would return to Portland to face charges.

The attack adds to other violent incidents involving Proud Boys hate group members across the United States.

The office of the Multnomah County District Attorney was not immediately available for comment.