- Like Sarah Palin, Florida Gov. Charlie Crist is coming under fire for appointing a justice to the state Supreme Court whom the Religious Right did not support.
- We can all be glad that we didn’t make donations to Norm Coleman’s re-election campaign.
- Former Congressman and right-wing crank Virgil Goode has filed to re-claim the seat he lost last November.
- John Hagee, Rod Parsley, and others are coming together for GOD TV’s “Mammoth Missions Week” which, unfortunately, has nothing to do with mammoths.
- Robert Knight says that efforts to repeal Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell is “a train wreck waiting to happen.”
- Finally, Al Mohler says that there is no human punishment that can fully achieve justice for Bernie Madoff’s crimes:
True justice is achieved only by the only one who is truly just and all powerful, whose verdicts are perfect and whose judgments are eternal. Human justice points to the need for a greater justice. The very inadequacy of human courts points to our yearning for a heavenly court.
We yearn for the end of history, when God will bring His creation to a perfect end; when God’s redemptive purposes will be known to all; when justice flows like a mighty river. On that day justice will be perfect, and the righteous Judge will be none other than Jesus Christ, who paid the only adequate penalty for sin. On that day, God will judge both the quick and the dead, and his judgment upon the sheep and the goats will be both holy and just