- David Smith, the executive director of the Illinois Family Institute, is urging parents to pull their children out of school on the “Day of Silence” because it will keep them from being indoctrinated and have the added advantage of hurting schools monetarily because school funds are based on a daily average attendance.
- Gary Bauer is concerned that President Obama is hiring too many Muslims and not enough conservatives.
- Inviting Obama to speak at Notre Dame is akin to inviting a Holocaust denier to speak at the Holocaust museum.
- Pressure continues to mount on RNC Chair Michael Steele.
- The American Life League is calling on Sen. Sam Brownback and Sen. Pat Roberts to use “their power to reject the nomination of pro-abortion radical Gov. Kathleen Sebelius” even though both have already endorsed her nomination.
- Finally, Mike Huckabee weighed in on the Iowa Supreme Court marriage ruling with this rather mundane statement – he’s never going to rally with right-wing troops with this sort of talk:
The unanimous decision handed down today from the Iowa Supreme Court to allow same sex marriage is disappointing. All Iowans should have a say in this matter, not a handful of legislative judges. This issue is too important to not be made by the people of Iowa. It is my hope that the Legislature will take the necessary steps to properly resolve this matter.