Update: Cruz canceled his Mississippi campaign swing due to an illness.
We have noted several times before that there seems to be no activist who is too extreme to be embraced by Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign and that continues to be the case as today, the American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer announced that he will be joining Cruz at a campaign rally in Mississippi on Monday.
Fischer said on his radio program today that he’ll be speaking at a Cruz campaign rally over the weekend which the GOP candidate will not be attending and again at another rally in Ellisville, Mississippi on Monday at which Cruz will be present.
As we explained in a post that we wrote last year, Fischer is one of the Religious Right’s most radical activists and regularly displays stunning levels of bigotry against gays, Muslims and anyone who doesn’t share his extremist views:
Back in 2009, Bryan Fischer was an obscure state-level Religious Right activist with a history of getting fired for his radical views. From his position as head of the Idaho Values Alliance, Fischer was mostly known for launching boycotts against Hallmark stores for offering cards for gay weddings and celebrating a fatal plane crash as God’s payback for abortion.
Fischer’s radicalism and bigotry were obvious even back then, but that didn’t stop the American Family Association from wooing Fischer away from Idaho with an offer to serve as the organization’s “director of issues analysis” and host a daily radio program down in Tupelo, Mississippi.
Within months of his arrival at AFA, Fischer was already using his national platform to spread his unmitigated bigotry, starting with his demand that all Muslims be banned from serving in the U.S. military, a position that he continues to steadfastly promote to this day.
Within a year, Fischer was using his position at AFA to declare that homosexuality should be illegal and that gays should be treated like criminals and banned from serving in public office. While Fischer was advocating for the deportation of all Muslims and an end to the building of mosques in America, the AFA continued to provide him a platform, just as it did when he began calling for whales and bears to be put to death for biblical infractions and blaming the Holocaust on gays.
The AFA plucked Fischer from obscurity, gave him a salary and a national platform from which to regularly proclaim that gays are Satanic perverts but then tried to pretend that it was not in any way responsible for Fischer or his views, such as:
- Fischer: Muslims Are Stupid and Violent Because of Inbreeding.
- Fischer: Gay Sex Is “Domestic Terrorism. I Don’t Know What Else You’d Call It.”
- Fischer: If DADT is Repealed, America Will Be Defended By Sexual Perverts and Deviants.
- Fischer: Every Mosque Is An IED and Every Muslim Is Guilty of Treason.
- Fischer: “Homosexuals Are Defined By One Characteristic Only: They Want to Use the Anal Cavity for Sex.”
- Fischer: Native Americans Are Mired In Poverty and Alcoholism Because They Refuse to Accept Christianity.
- Fischer: Native Americans Need to Leave The Reservation, Convert To Christianity, and Become Full-Fledged American Citizens.
- Fischer: Welfare Just Gives Money To “People Who Rut Like Rabbits.”
- Fischer: All Immigrants Must “Convert To Christianity.”
- Fischer: Muslims Represent A “Toxic Cancer” To American Society.
- Fischer: Gays Are Nazis.
- Fischer: “Liberals Hate God.”
- Fischer: Make Homosexuality “A Criminal Offense.”
- Fischer: First Amendment Does Not Apply To Mormons.
- Fischer: ‘Every Homosexual Represents a Heightened Security Risk.’
- Fischer: God Will Cure AIDS If Gays Stop Having Sex.
- Fischer: ‘It’s Perfectly Appropriate to Discriminate Against’ Homosexuality.
- Fischer: Government Should Mandate that Everyone Attend Church and Tax Those Who Don’t.
- Fischer: Removal of Prayer & Ten Commandments from Schools Responsible for CO Shooting.
- Fischer: Gays are Driven by a ‘Dark, Venomous, Demonic Hatred’.’
- Fischer: ‘Muslims are Worshiping a Demon.’
- Fischer: ‘Political Leadership Ought to be Reserved for the Hands of Males.’
- Fischer: The 9/11 Terrorists Were ‘Agents of God’s Wrath.’
- Fischer: God Didn’t Stop CT School Shooting Because He’s a ‘Gentleman’ Who Doesn’t Go Where He Is Not Wanted.
- Fischer: Sodomy Is ‘An Ugly Word Because It Describes Ugly Behavior.’
- Fischer: People Who Believe In Evolution Are ‘Disqualified From Holding Political Office In The United States Of America.’
- Fischer: God Will Use ISIS To Punish America For Gay Rights.
- Bryan Fischer Suggests The Charlie Hebdo Attack Was God’s Punishment For Magazine’s Blasphemy.
- Fischer: ‘Being An Active Homosexual Should Disqualify You From Public Office’.
- Fischer: You’ll Never ‘Find A More Directly Demonic Energy Than When You Deal With The Homosexual Agenda.’