Ten Patently Absurd Claims Made by David Barton
As we noted earlier, it has not been a very good week for David Barton, so this seemed like a good opportunity to pull together a list of some of the most absurd things that he has said over the last year or so just to give people who might not be particularly familiar with Barton or his work a better sense of just what sort of claims he likes to puts forth.
Yesterday we posted a list a ten demonstrably false claims Barton has made in recent months but this list, though also filled with falsehoods, focuses more on the sorts of patently ridiculous claims that Barton is prone to making:
- Demonic powers control the government.
- The Founding Fathers opposed the teaching of evolution.
- Jesus opposed the minimum wage.
- The Bible opposes Net Neutrality.
- The US would have won the Vietnam war if it had flown just one more bombing run.
- Prayer stopped the BP oil spill.
- Intolerance of gays is a sign a nation is undergoing a spiritual revival.
- We can't find a cure for AIDS because it is God's punishment for sin.
- Life begins not at conception, but before conception.
- People are probably on welfare because they are not reading the Bible enough.
Given this sort of record, is anyone surprised that a publisher that agreed to print a book written by Barton ultimately had to recall it?
Share this post
Bobby Jindal's Prayer Rally Materials Blame Gays & Legal Abortion For Hurricane Katrina
12/11/14 @ 12:27pm
Texas Pastor: 'Dirty Faggots' Want To Snatch And Rape Your Kids
12/10/14 @ 1:36pm
Bill Donohue: Non-Religious People Need Therapy Since They Die Prematurely And Are Disproportionately Insane
12/5/14 @ 12:15pm
Overheard At Anti-Obama Rally: 'Hang Him! We've Got Rope'
12/11/14 @ 1:30pm
Stan Solomon On Michael Brown: 'I'm Glad He's Dead. He Deserves To Be Dead'
12/5/14 @ 3:10pm