Take a Stand With FRC and Those Who Want Homosexuality Criminalized
The Religious Right has been uniformly outraged ever since the Southern Poverty Law Center updated its list of anti-gay hate groups to include the likes of the Family Research Council and the American Family Association.
And today Jeremy Hooper discovered that they intend to do something more than just incessantly complain about it, as FRC is poised to launch a "Start Debating, Stop Hating" campaign designed to rally support for those groups who found themselves "slandered" by the SPLC:
The surest sign one is losing a debate is to resort to character assassination. The Southern Poverty Law Center, a liberal fundraising machine whose tactics have been condemned by observers across the political spectrum, is doing just that.
The group, which was once known for combating racial bigotry, is now attacking several groups that uphold Judeo-Christian moral views, including marriage as the union of a man and a woman. How does the SPLC attack? By labeling its opponents “hate groups.” No discussion. No consideration of the issues. No engagement. No debate
These type of slanderous tactics have been used against voters who signed petitions and voted for marriage amendments in all thirty states that have considered them, as well as against the millions of Americans who identify with the Tea Party movement. Some on the Left have even impugned the Manhattan Declaration-which upholds the sanctity of life, the value of traditional marriage and the fundamental right of religious freedom-as an anti-gay document and have forced its removal from general communications networks.
This is intolerance pure and simple. Elements of the radical Left are trying to shut down informed discussion of policy issues that are being considered by Congress, legislatures, and the courts. Tell the radical Left it is time to stop spreading hateful rhetoric attacking individuals and organizations merely for expressing ideas with which they disagree. Our debates can and must remain civil - but they must never be suppressed through personal assaults that aim only to malign an opponents character.
You can take action by adding your name to the following statement:
We, the undersigned, stand in solidarity with Family Research Council, American Family Association, Concerned Women of America, National Organization for Marriage, Liberty Counsel and other pro-family organizations that are working to protect and promote natural marriage and family. We support the vigorous but responsible exercise of the First Amendment rights of free speech and religious liberty that are the birthright of all Americans.
Just let me point out to those thinking of adding their names to this statement that you are declaring your solidarity with people who proclaim that:
- Gays should be exported from the country;
- The federal government must be overthrown if it allows gay marriage;
- "Moral perverts" need to be kept out of the military;
- There is nothing "conservative" about "one man violently cramming his penis into another man’s lower intestine and calling it 'love'";
- Homosexual behavior ought to be outlawed;
- Gay sex ought to carry criminal penalties;
- Gays ought to be prohibited from serving in public office;
- Gay sex is domestic terrorism;
- "Hitler recruited around him homosexuals to make up his Stormtroopers ... [because] homosexual soldiers basically had no limits [to] the savagery and brutality they were willing to inflict."
Organizations:Family Research Council, Liberty Counsel , Manhattan Declaration, National Organization for Marriage, Religious Right
Share this post
Pat Robertson, Who Said 'The Lord Told Me' that 'Romney Will Win,' Urges Viewers to Beware False Prophets
5/9/13 @ 1:00pm
Radio Host Frequented By Gun Activists Calls For Shooting of Bush Family & Obama, Sexual Violence Against Hillary Clinton
5/17/13 @ 2:37pm
Bachmann: 9/11 and Benghazi Were God's Judgment
5/10/13 @ 12:16pm
Robertson Tells Woman Whose Husband Cheated to Remember 'He's a Man' and be Grateful She Lives in America
5/15/13 @ 12:30pm
Bryan Fischer Won't Answer a Simple 'Yes' or 'No' Question
5/9/13 @ 11:37am
- Round-Up: Everyone is a victim, Barber stands by his bigotry, & E.W. Jackson channels David Barton t.co/MhYx5hQhBz6 hours ago
- Leftovers: Battle of the conspiracy theorists, "The Bizarre Sex Life of Mohammed" & Brad Dacus apologizes t.co/gyrF7hg8x66 hours ago
- Rep. Tim Huelskamp says Obama will use welfare benefits to "buy" Latino voters for generations t.co/KqPJbes58h9 hours ago