Right Wing Leftovers
- The scheduled airing of the American Family Association's "Speechless: Silencing Christians" on a television station in Grand Rapids, Michigan has been cancelled.
- Speaking of the AFA, they have rolled-out something called "Project Push Back" but I have no idea what its purpose is supposed to be.
- The President of the Virginia State Bar recently visited Liberty Law School and proclaimed that "the Virginia State Bar is thrilled with Liberty University" and told the students that faith and law are not contradictions.
- The Right is not happy that the Republican Governor of Utah has come out in support of civil unions.
- Sarah Palin is not amused by people making donations to Planned Parenthood in her name. Palin is also poised to name a new justice to the state supreme court and appears to be a bit boxed in, as neither of the candidates chosen by the Alaska Judicial Council meet her conservative standards, so this will definitely be worth keeping an eye on.
- Finally, Frank Schaeffer, whose father Francis was influential in the rise of the Religious Right, has penned an open letter to Barack Obama to tell him that they cannot be worked with:
As someone who appeared numerous times on the 700 Club with Pat Robertson, as someone for whom Jerry Falwell used to send his private jet to bring me to speak at his college, as an author who had James Dobson giveaway 150,000 copies of my one of my fundamentalist "books" allow me to explain something: the Republican Party is controlled by two ideological groups. First, is the Religious Right. Second, are the neoconservatives. Both groups share one thing in common: they are driven by fear and paranoia. Between them there is no Republican "center" for you to appeal to, just two versions of hate-filled extremes.
The Religious Right supply the kind of people who at McCain and Palin rallies were yelling things such as "kill him" about you. That's the constituency to which your hand was extended when looking for compromise on your financial bailout bill.
There's only one thing that makes sense for you now. Mr. President, you need to forget a bipartisan approach and get on with the business of governing by winning each battle. You will never be able to work with the Republicans because they hate you. Believe me, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are the norm not the exception. James Dobson and the rest are praying for you to fail.
People:Pat Robertson , Barack Obama, James Dobson , Jerry Falwell, republican party, Rush Limbaugh , Sarah Palin
Share this post
Within 24 Hours, Glenn Beck Will Break News That Will Rock the Nation and Take Down The Entire Power Structure (UPDATED)
6/12/13 @ 2:03pm
Jacobs: Those With Native American/Indigenous Heritage Must Renounce and Repent for Their Ancestor's Sins
6/4/13 @ 2:20pm
What Happened to Glenn Beck's Scoop That Was Going to Rock the Nation?
6/13/13 @ 1:42pm
Swanson: Star Trek Promotes Bestiality, Children's Show Superhero 'Probably Fighting Christians'
6/7/13 @ 3:15pm
One Million Moms Protests 'The Fosters' For Trying to 'Desensitize America and Our Children by Promoting Inappropriate Behavior'
6/7/13 @ 12:30pm