Rep. Steve King Introduces Court-Stripping Bill Written By Radical Anti-Gay Activists
Yesterday, Rep. Steve King announced the introduction of his "Restrain the Judges on Marriage Act of 2015," which would strip federal courts of the ability to hear any case involving the issue of marriage equality:
A Republican lawmaker is trying to keep federal courts from hearing same-sex marriage cases.
Less than a week before the Supreme Court plans to hear arguments in potentially one of the nation’s most influential cases on gay marriage, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) introduced the Restrain the Judges on Marriage Act of 2015 to preserve state bans.
“For too long, federal courts have overstepped their constitutionally limited duty to interpret the Constitution.” King said in a news release. “Rather, federal courts have perverted the Constitution to make law and create constitutional rights to things such as privacy, birth control, and abortion. These Unenumerated, so-called constitutionally-protected rights were not envisioned by our Founding Fathers.”
King’s bill strips way Article III of the Constitution, which gives federal courts the jurisdiction to hear or decide any question pertaining to the interpretation of, or the validity under the Constitution of, any type of marriage. The bill also prohibits federal funds from being used for any litigation in, or enforcement of any order or judgment by, any federal court.
King said his bill would stop the courts from “destroying traditional marriage.”
What is going unreported is fact that this bill is the result of a campaign backed by some of the most radical anti-gay activists operating today, including Peter LaBarbera, BarbWire, Vision America, Dr. Steve Hotze, and others.
Porter was also the driving force behind the recent anti-gay documentary "Light Wins," which featured a handful of GOP elected officials and presidential candidates along with dozens of hardline anti-gay activists warning that gay activists seek to criminalize Christianity:
Not too long ago, we produced an overview of just some of the insane things that Porter has said and done in recent years:
- Said that the Shepard-Byrd Hate Crime Law will make it a felony to refuse the “unwelcome advance” from a gay person, give legal protections to pedophiles and imprison pastors.
- Insisted that she will soon be arrested for opposing LGBT rights because “people who disagree with homosexual behavior will … go to jail.”
- Claimed that pastors who won’t perform same-sex marriages will be “carried off into jail” in states with marriage equality laws.
- Cited a satirical essay to claim that gay rights advocates seek “the criminalization of Christianity.”
- Worked to promote opposition to gay rights with anti-Semitic pastor Ted Pike, who believes that Jews will commit an anti-Christian genocide to seek “world dominion.”
- Blamed gay rights for Noah’s Flood in a column entitled: “How Same-Sex Marriage Points To End Of The World.”
- Suggested that homosexuality is far more dangerous than cigarette smoking.
- Claimed Jason Collins’ decision to come out of the closet will endanger freedom.
- Criticized Disney World for allowing gay events that will “target thousands of children” by “parading public displays of perversion.”
- Predicted that Obama would personally meet with Osama bin Laden to broker a peace deal.
- Warned that President Obama will use the Swine flu to “round up American citizens” and throw them in “FEMA concentration camps.”
- Repeatedly warned that Obamacare will murder conservatives and impose “jail sentences on those who seek treatment outside the socialized health care system.”
- Asserted that Obama will create food shortages to bring about mass starvation.
- Argued that people who voted for Obama will go to Hell as his election brought a divine curse upon America.
- Asked God to stop Obama from taking office as president, warning that Obama is a Communist spy who has been plotting to destroy America since his birth.
- Called Hillary Clinton the “evil Queen of Slaughter,” predicting that she will throw Christians in jail if elected president.
- Claimed America has so far avoided God’s wrath, unlike Haiti, only because “Haiti was dedicated to Satan.”
- Wondered if former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson is the Antichrist.
Pat Buchanan: If Trump Loses, There Could Be A Revolution
8/12/16 @ 3:45pm
Pat Robertson: Satan Inspires Liberals To Lie About Donald Trump (And Me)
8/10/16 @ 1:50pm
Trump: Church Attendance Will Rise When I'm President
8/11/16 @ 4:55pm
Rudy Giuliani: No Terrorist Attacks Occurred During The Bush Administration
8/15/16 @ 3:05pm
Lance Wallnau: Trump's Wall 'Isn't About Mexico,' It's About Biblical Prophecy
8/19/16 @ 3:57pm