Religious Right Leader James Dobson To Endorse Ted Cruz
In an interview yesterday with the Washington Post, James Dobson, the influential founder of Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council, revealed that he is likely to endorse Ted Cruz’s presidential bid, noting that the Religious Right is “coalescing around Senator Cruz” thanks to his “strong record on religious liberty, life and marriage.”
Cruz has ramped up his support from the party’s far-right in recent weeks, touting endorsements from an activist who wants abortion doctors executed and others who have linked homosexuality to Ebola, train crashes and the Holocaust.
While Dobson’s support is unsurprising, it further demonstrates how Cruz is courting — and winning — the support of the leaders of the GOP’s extremist wing.
- Threatened to leave the U.S. in protest of Obamacare.
- Alleged that Obamacare will deprive the elderly of life-saving treatments.
- Warned that the Harry Potter series is a hazard to children.
- Predicted that gay marriage will destroy religious freedom, send pastors to prison, turn America into Nazi Germany and bring about God’s judgment.
- Said that the U.S. could have a second civil war over gay marriage.
- Insisted that bisexuality means “orgies.”
- Claimed that the Shepard-Byrd Hate Crimes Act would grant legal protections to pedophilia, necrophilia, incest and bestiality.
- Blamed the Sandy Hook shooting on legal abortion and marriage equality.
With a record like that, it is no wonder that he is supporting Ted Cruz.
Rick Wiles: Satan Using Pokémon Go To Spawn 'Demonic Powers' And Murder Christians
7/13/16 @ 2:35pm
Phil Robertson: If Donald Trump Loses, I'll Go Into Hiding
7/21/16 @ 11:50am
Larry Klayman Suing Obama For Endangering His Life As A White Man
7/12/16 @ 4:52pm
Ray Comfort: 'You Can't Trust An Atheist In A Position Of Authority'
7/11/16 @ 10:53am
RNC Descends Into Chaos When Presiding Chair Blocks Never Trump Delegates
7/18/16 @ 5:30pm