Liberty Isn't Free at Liberty University – Inside Jerry Falwell U
Mitt Romney will give the commencement address tomorrow at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA. Liberty, founded in 1971 as the Lynchburg Baptist College, is best known as the pet project of televangelist Jerry Falwell. Falwell created the university as a training ground for successive leaders of the Religious Right, and the curriculum is tightly controlled to advance an uncompromising right-wing outlook. But that’s not all.
The university also has an all-encompassing code of conduct, called “The Liberty Way,” which governs what students can say, do, read, and watch – both on and off campus – and sets out a regimen of reprimands and fines for violators.
All students shall agree to comply with the terms of the Liberty Way. The full text is made available to students after they claim their Liberty University account.
- The First Amendment Doesn’t Apply at Liberty
- No R-Rated Movies, Un-Godly Music, or Immodest Posters at Liberty University
- No Dancing or Kissing at Liberty University
- Witchcraft and Abortion on Par with Sexual Assault and Felony Conviction at Liberty University
- Liberty University’s Guide to Female Modesty
- The Religious Right Nanny State, on View at Liberty University
- Welcome to Liberty University, Now Gives Us Your Blood and Urine Sample
Pat Robertson: Gays & Islamists Are Allies So 'Let Them Kill Themselves'
6/14/16 @ 11:40am
Tom DeLay: Obama Is A Communist 'Muslim Sympathizer' Who 'Hates America'
6/15/16 @ 3:30pm
Ted Cruz, Who Attended Event Calling For Gays To Be Put To Death, Delivers Characteristically Smug Response To Orlando Attack
6/13/16 @ 2:00pm
Anti-LGBT Pastor Steven Anderson Applauds Orlando Massacre: 'There's Fifty Less Pedophiles In The World'
6/13/16 @ 11:45am
Walid Shoebat: 'The Only Ones Moaning Over Fifty Gays Slaughtered Are Liberals, Idiots And Gay Lovers'
6/13/16 @ 10:15am