Franks Endorses Bachmann, Adding To Her List Of Far-Right Supporters
Submitted by Brian Tashman on Thursday, 12/1/2011 3:00 pm
Today, Michele Bachmann’s foundering presidential campaign picked up the endorsement of Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and promptly appointed him “Congressional Co-Chair”:
The Bachmann for President campaign has announced the appointment of Arizona Congressman Trent Franks (AZ-02) as Congressional Co-Chair. Rep. Franks joins the growing list of endorsements and support for the Bachmann team, not only in Iowa, but also across the country.
“I know Michele is right on the issues that are important to conservatives across the country and I know she won’t back off,” Rep. Franks said. “I have seen her at work in Washington, standing firm on key issues like Obamacare, the debt ceiling, and TARP.”
“Congressman Franks and I have fought together in Washington for smaller government and responsible government spending, and I’m honored to have him on my team,” Bachmann said. “He’s a respected colleague, and will be invaluable in our work to gain support in Iowa and the early primary states, eventually securing the GOP nomination.”
- called President Obama an “enemy of humanity” at a right-wing conference, and later tried to explain that he meant to call Obama an “enemy of unborn humanity”;
- introduced legislation barring “race-based” abortion, arguing that African Americans were better off under slavery than with legal abortion and that a “racist abortion policy” is committing genocide against African Americans;
- believes that President Obama consistently “acts un-American” and “seems to go against American interests”;
- demanded the impeachment of President Obama and the defunding of the Justice Department over their decision to stop defending the unconstitutional Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA);
- maintained that as a result of Obama’s presidency the country has “diminish[ed] to a point where it’s just unrecognizable” and will “not be the great beacon of freedom”;
- floated “birther” conspiracies and suggested that President Obama is not a natural-born citizen, even considered filing a lawsuit against Obama;
- said the Obama Administration has an “ideological commitment” to “weaken America”;
- claimed a Muslim civil rights group was using congressional interns to spy on Congress;
- and said that legalizing same-sex marriage “not only is a complete undermining of the principles of family and marriage and the hope of future generations but it completely begins to see our society break down.”
Share this post
Michele Bachmann Proposes 100% Tax On Money Sent Home By Immigrants To Stop 'War That Is Being Waged Against Us'
8/5/14 @ 10:53
8/1/14 @ 4:19
Ben Stein: Michael Brown 'Wasn't Unarmed. He Was Armed With His Incredibly Strong, Scary Self'
8/27/14 @ 12:14pm
Kevin Sorbo And Rick Wiles Agree: Atheists Are Angry Because They Know God Exists
8/26/14 @ 3:08pm
Why Isn't The US Mentioned In The Bible? Because So Many Americans Will Be Raptured In The End Times
8/29/14 @ 1:00pm
Phyllis Schlafly: Women Can Avoid Sexual Assault By Focusing on Marriage, Not Career
8/29/14 @ 3:20pm
GOP Committeewoman Warns Child Migrants 'Highly Trained As Warriors,' Could 'Rise Up Against Us As Americans'
8/22/14 @ 9:54am