Starting on Friday, I will be on vacation for a week … and I have to say that it couldn’t have come at a better time because the idea of spending ten hours of my Saturday watching an “Ending Abortion” webcast might have driven me over the edge:
Leaders representing more than 30 national and regional pro-life organizations will be part of an unprecedented 10-hour webcast conference this Saturday, July 10, from 10 am to 8 pm EDT … The event will break the pro-life message up into ten different hour-long focused topics. Confirmed speakers include:
• CHARMAINE YOEST, Americans United for Life
• MARJORIE DANNENFELSER, Susan B. Anthony List
• KRISTAN HAWKINS, Students for Life
• TOM MCCLUSKY, Family Research Council
• WENDY WRIGHT, Concerned Women for America
• LOU ENGLE, The Call
• MARK CRUTCHER, Life Dynamics
• ABBY JOHNSON, former Planned Parenthood abortion center director
• ALVEDA KING, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
• DR. TONY LEVATINO, former abortionist
• PEGGY HARTSHORN, Heartbeat International
• THERESA and KEVIN BURKE, Rachel’s Vineyard
“The goal is to educate, equip, and empower pro-lifers to have a greater life-saving impact right where they live,” said Bereit, adding that this first-ever event is designed to set the stage for greater involvement in local pro-life efforts this fall, including the next 40 Days for Life campaign, which runs from September 22 to October 31.
“A renewed groundswell of grassroots interest can also help make the pro-life issue of primary importance prior to this fall’s elections,” Bereit said.
For those gluttons for punishment out there, you can register to watch the event here.