- At RH Reality Check, Myra Duran explains how “so-called crisis pregnancy centers lure women into their facilities with promises of free pregnancy tests and options counseling. But once inside, most provide women with false or misleading information about abortion, birth control, and sexually transmitted diseases.”
- Jim Burroway reports that the Georgia Supreme Court threw out a lower court’s order banning children from being “exposed” to their father’s gay partner and friends.
- What is the deal with state-level Republicans sending out racist “jokes” in South Carolina and Tennessee?
- As we noted last week, right-wingers in Wisconsin are trying to burn copies of “Baby Be-Bop” – Salon reports that the author of the book is not amused.
- David Neiwert offers more information about Minuteman “tactical” leader/murder suspect Shawna Forde.
- The Anti-Defamation League reports that white supremacists have “capitalized on the Sotomayor nomination to characterize Jews as “conspirators seeking world domination, having secretly orchestrated the appointment”:
“How the (expletive deleted) did that Puerto Rican princess Sotomayor get into Princeton? I mean, she was just another welfare spic from the Bronx…Sotomayor was obviously chosen by the Jews at Princeton to fulfill a quota. Then the Jews at some NY law firm hired her to be their token spicarina, and so on…I can’t wait to see what kind of f#cked-up opinions she issues from the Supreme Court Bench. I’ll bet they’re really insane, using all the tortured and twisted Jew-logic they taught her at Princeton.”