Right Wing Leftovers – 8/8/13
- FRC is not happy that the Virginia Republican Party won’t come to E.W. Jackson’s defense and stand by his radical statements.
- Elsewhere, FRC prays that God will “cause this years [Values Voter Summit] to have a profound impact in informing Christian and conservative leaders, and in shaping the 2014 elections for righteousness!”
- Sen. Marco Rubio defends government-orchestrated prayer because it “has helped unite our nation us for over two centuries, and serves as a daily reminder of all the blessings that God has bestowed on our exceptional nation.”
- Jerry Newcombe explains that anti-gay Christians couldn’t possibly hate gays because they can’t hate anyone because they are Christians who love Jesus.
- Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan “secretly spoke to wealthy donors at the Koch brothers’ recently concluded summer gathering on the outskirts of Albuquerque.”
- Finally, the Alabama Republican Assembly has filed a brief on behalf of a Birther lawsuit against President Obama.