Right Wing Leftovers – 8/23/12
- Mike Huckabee, James Dobson, and Janet Porter are the latest Religious Right activists to come rushing to Todd Akin’s defense.
- On a related note, Dr. Jack Willke, the man responsible for the idea that women have a biological defense against getting pregnant via rape, reports that he met with Mitt Romney last October.
- CBN’s David Brody reports that crank “journalist” Ed Klein says “the Obama campaign [is] ready to go after Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith by starting a stealth education’ effort with the evangelical community” And so, of course “the Brody File is looking into this.”
- Jerry Falwell Jr. says Donald Trump was given an invitation to speak at Liberty University because he “was willing to say publicly what many conservatives were only saying privately.”
- Randall Terry will be on the presidential ballot in West Virginia.
- Finally, FRC is outraged that President Obama has “praised Muslims in positions throughout his administration” and issued a prayer that “Americans [will] realize that God, alone, is our defense and obedience to Him our safety. May God elevate men and women in November who will be diligent in fulfilling government’s primary responsibility – national security. May Revival restore obedience to Almighty God in our land!”