- Concerned Women for America, Operation Rescue, and the Christian Defense Coalition are already opposing the idea that Gov. Kathleen Sebelius might be Obama’s nominee to be Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Speaking of CWA, they are also opposing efforts to add sexual orientation to South Dakota’s hate crime laws, saying “What about obese people or short people or bald-headed men?”
- The Pacific Justice Institute is suing a California school district for allegedly forcing a twelve year old girl to take a pregnancy test, an accusation the school vehemently denies.
- Gordon Klingenschmitt continues his crusade to defend police chaplains in Virginia Virginia who want to pray in Jesus’ name, delivering thousands of petitions to Gov. Tim Kaine.
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has been chosen to delivers the national Republican response to President Barack Obama’s first speech to Congress.
- The National Republican Trust PAC is threatening to finance primary challenges to any of the Republicans who vote for the stimulus bill – so far, that is only three and, of those three, only Sen. Arlen Specter is up for re-election in 2010.
- Mike Huckabee says everyone needs a good Christian education because “greed caused the collapse not only of our economic system but of our ethical system.”
- Finally, Alan Keyes apparently has a blog called Loyal To Liberty where he likens himself to Ronald Reagan and Winston Churchill and proclaims:
I have an ominous feeling about the years ahead. With Obama, we have crossed the line that separates civil politics from civil war disguised as politics. Occupying the White House is a man known for his support and association with people for whom that line appears never to have existed. I predict that American politics as we have known it is gone. And unless we Americans wake up, more than civil politics will end up dead.