- Texas Gov. Rick Perry continues his efforts to woo the Religious Right ahead of his primary battle with Kay Bailey Hutchison, agreeing to speak at this year’s Values Voter Summit.
- Politico profiles anti-immigration activist Chris Simcox who is planning his own primary challenge against Sen. John McCain.
- Sarah Palin’s standing within the GOP seems to be dropping by the day.
- SunTrust Banks Inc. is suing Pat Robertson for more than $3.6 million from Robertson stemming from a failed business venture back in the 1990s.
- Rob Schenck kicked off the 20th annual U. S. Capitol Bible Reading Marathon on Sunday night and it is set to continue to 90 consecutive hours.
- Finally, the Cornwall Alliance has hired Shannon Royce to fight the efforts by Christians to make climate change an issue for grassroots activists:
Royce, who formerly worked on Capitol Hill for the Southern Baptist Convention’s public policy arm and was founding executive director of the Arlington Group, a coalition of “pro-family” organizations, said environmentalism began making inroads into evangelical Christianity a number of years ago “with some on the left deliberately courting and engaging some of our Christian friends and brothers on issues like this, and unfortunately I think at times co-opting them, with their concerns.”
“I don’t question the motives of those who have gotten engaged on that, but I think unfortunately the science just doesn’t support this,” she said.