Right Wing Leftovers – 5/8/14
- Matt Barber’s very credible website BarbWire has learned from an equally credible “inside” source that “Allen B. West is seriously considering a 2016 presidential run.” We very much hope that this is true.
- Speaking of Barber, he says that we are an “anti-Christian segregationist organization that exist for the sole purpose of segregating Christians and Christianity from any public forum.” We are pretty sure that is not true.
- Samuel Rodriguez says that Oklahoma’s recent botched execution ought to be generating an outcry of evangelical Christians.
- Representatives of The American Family Association, Focus on the Family, Concerned Women for America, Family Research Council, and Morality in Media all recently met with FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler to voice their concerns about plans to “relax broadcast decency rules.”
- FRC prays: “May religious liberty flourish; may we use that liberty to pray and proclaim the Gospel as never before; and May awakening result that will turn the tide in our nation. May the local jurisdictions that have caved-in to the anti-prayer forces rethink and re-establish regular public prayer for their cities, counties and states.”
- Finally, Rep. Louie Gohmert grilled Comcast Executive Vice President David Cohen today during a hearing about why his network refuses to carry Glenn Beck’s The Blaze network. Can you imagine the fit that Beck would throw if a member of Congress lobbied a cable executive on behalf of some other network like this? His head would explode.