Right Wing Leftovers – 5/7/13
- The Government Is Not God PAC has “very publicly refused to endorse” Mark Sanford or, as they describe him, “the confessed adulterer who as Commander-in-Chief of South Carolina deserted his post for several days for a ‘hook-up’ he had arranged online.”
- Is Mike Huckabee already thinking of ending his daily radio show?
- Rick Scarborough, the anti-gay activist who believes that AIDS is God’s punishment for homosexuality, will be on Glenn Beck’s television program on Thursday.
- Another Religious Right tale of Christian victimization bites the dust.
- Finally, CWA’s Penny Nance doubled down on her claim that the Enlightenment led to the Holocaust: “Atrocities including Hitler’s anti-Semitism, Stalin’s Marxism, or Mao’s communism — all of which inflicted pain upon millions — resulted from the destruction of a clear moral order, a reliance on capricious human wisdom, and an addiction to power. Had their morality been attached to a faith rooted in a higher, universal standard, they could not have believed what that did.” Sadly, her case was so convincing that CWA seems to have removed the post.