- I, for one, am growing increasingly weary of Randall Terry’s need for attention.
- Gov. Mark Sanford’s spokesperson has apparently had enough of trying to defend his boss.
- Gov. Rick Perry is now “asking the federal government for a loan to cover the very expenses the rejected stimulus money would have paid for.”
- Gary Bauer explains why Democrats don’t like Sarah Palin: they hate Trig.
- Ralph Reed offers his brilliant insights on how “Republicans can reap significant political benefits by voting against [Sonia Sotomayor’s] confirmation and making her an issue in key races next year.”
- The Liberty Counsel comments on the hate crimes legislation, warning that Democrats “will not be able to continue their efforts to undermine moral values, socialize the economy, and trash American pride and heritage. The people will not remain silent forever.”
- Finally, a newspaper in Indiana is coming under fire from the Religious Right for posting an engagement of a gay couple planning to wed in Iowa and offers a very clear response:
Same-sex marriage is legal in Iowa, where the couple lives and plans to marry. Since one of the young men is originally from Elkhart and his family still lives here, we did the same thing we’d do for any other local family with a child getting married — we published the couple’s engagement announcement.