Right Wing Leftovers – 4/8/13
- Anti-gay/anti-Mormon pastor Pastor Robert Jeffress opened a new $130 million campus at his church and Gov. Rick Perry was on hand to dedicate it.
- Glenn Beck returned from a week off today and guess what he talked about?
- This is actually an article from CNSNews: “Obama Responded Faster to Ebert’s Death Than He Did to Thatcher’s.”
- We predict that this story about the Army supposedly calling evangelicals a threat is one of those things that we initially dismiss as obvious nonsense, but then end up having to write about because the Religious Right goes nuts over it.
- Ken Blackwell says there can be no comparison between the fight for gay rights and civil rights because “not all racists oppose same-sex marriage, and not all who oppose same-sex marriage are racists. To say otherwise is disrespectful and frankly ludicrous.”
- Finally Rick Scarborough warns that “the drive to legalize same-sex unions is the linchpin of an effort that will eventually result in the criminalization of Christianity and traditional Judaism … This is tyranny masquerading as enlightenment.”