Right Wing Leftovers – 4/4/13
- It is pretty entertaining to see the Religious Right ripping Bill O’Reilly for his arrogance and ignorance, especially since they only seem to have discovered it once he upset them.
- Case in point, Bill Keller has issued a $10,000 challenge to O’Reilly to debate him.
- To hear Mat Staver and Matt Barber describe it, The Awakening Conference is just about the most important thing ever.
- Speaking of Staver, he received the Faith Community Leader of the Year Award at the Weyrich Awards Dinner, which is a good reminder that radical Religious Right anti-gay voices are regularly honored within the movement.
- Finally, and on a related note, Steve Deace takes on “laughabe gay marriage cliches” like “homosexuality is in nature so it’s natural” by declaring “there’s also the licking of one’s own genitals, the flinging of one’s own feces, and the eating of live prey and then vomiting it back up to feed your offspring in nature, too.”