Right Wing Leftovers – 4/29/13
- It is a genuine tragedy that this country never had the opportunity to witness the class that Sarah Palin would have brought to the Vice Presidency.
- Even The Blaze is recognizing that Glenn Beck’s 2123B timeline doesn’t make much sense.
- Tom Minnery says this nation may soon see a religious revial, in part because “religion makes people healthier” and so “given that health care costs are rising chronically, it may be that discounts on health insurance may be offered for those who attend church regularly or who otherwise demonstrate their religious participation.”
- Bryan Fischer continues to speculate that the military blocked the Southern Baptist Convention’s website out of some sort of hostility toward Christians despite the fact that even the SBC says that was not the case.
- Peter LaBarbera is not happy with news that the LDS church supports a proposal to drop the ban on gay Boy Scouts: “Look, this is a church which is outside of Christendom. Mormons can change their core beliefs and call it a divine transformation. They did it with polygamy; they did it with racism – and now I’m afraid, I’m very afraid, that they’re going to do it with homosexuality.”
- Finally, the AFA’s Ed Vitagliano is also a little worked-up over the prospect that the Boy Scouts may soon allow gay scouts: “For the tolerance gurus there is a secular morality that is just as absolute as that preached by any Bible-thumper behind a pulpit. It is a pagan sexual ethic rooted in moral relativism with the taproot deeply embedded in Darwinian evolution. Its teachers have their own unbending laws cut into stone and pronounced from on high. Their prophets hurl jeremiads at the unrepentant, who are relegated to a this-worldly hell consisting of the drying up of corporate funding, the disdain and downright persecution of the civil state, banishment to the fringes on university campuses, and the sneering mockery of Hollywood. For these pioneers of the brave new world, people who practice sodomy are the saints and Christians are the sinners. And humanist stormtroopers have spent the last 60 years hunting down and driving out the infidels.”