Right Wing Leftovers – 11/1/12
- Jay Sekulow says the presence of international election monitors “can only be described as a troubling attempt to intimidate voters and poll works on Election Day.”
- David Caton, president of the Florida Family Association, says MSNBC “is the most dishonest, most anti-Christian, and most pro-Islamist news network out there, bar none.”
- Donald Trump continues to prove that he is a genuinely awful person, blaming President Obama for not releasing his records and thereby preventing Trump from donating millions for hurricane relief.
- Speaking of Hurricane Sandy, FRC is praying that the storm will cause people to “repent and turn to Jesus!”
- Michael Brown warns that “if we have four more years of President Obama — barring true, national revival in the Church that would lead to a cultural awakening — it could well be that same-sex ‘marriage’ will be the law of the land and the norm taught in schools … those opposing [his redefinition of marriage] will be officially classified as bigots, that public criticism of gay activism would be virtually forbidden, and that churches (and synagogues and even mosques) that differ with gay activism will be persecuted … for their stands.”
- Finally, the quote of the day from Stephen Prothero: “I used to believe that the purpose of the religious right was to infuse American politics with Christian politicians and Christian politics. I no longer believe that. The purpose of the religious right is to use the Christian God for political purposes … I am perfectly happy to see [Ralph] Reed stump for Romney in Ohio and [Billy] Graham plump for Romney in an ad in The Wall Street Journal. Just don’t tell me they are doing so as Christians. They are doing so as shills for the GOP.”