Right-Wing Bonus Tracks: Liz Crokin Declares War
- Alt-right activist Jason Kessler has dropped his lawsuit against the city of Charlottesville, Virginia, and wrote to the almost nonexistent contingent still planning to attend “Unite the Right 2” that “we’re going to be focusing exclusively on Washington DC on August 12th.”
- Thousands of people have signed a petition to rehire Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn after he was fired following a concern trolling campaign led by right-wing social media personalities who resurfaced already well-known tweets containing jokes about pedophilia. Liz Crokin isn’t happy: “This is war. There will be bloodshed. You don’t hurt children & it’s never funny & it never will be PERIOD you SICK F*CKS!!!”
- Ben Shapiro retweeted one of the primary Twitter accounts associated with the QAnon conspiracy theory.
- National Organization of Marriage’ Brian Brown says that Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination is an opportunity to reverse marriage equality “in the near future.”
- Rep. Mike Johnson appears on Washington Watch to announce that he is pursuing the chairman position of the Republican Study Committee.