Right Wing Bonus Tracks – 5/4/16
- While disappointed that Ted Cruz has dropped out of the presidential race, David Barton vows to fight on: “But we don’t walk away from or abandon all we have fought for. Instead, we simply become more engaged — we elect principled leaders to city council and mayor, school board and county office, for state legislature, and for the House and Senate. We make sure our neighbors are registered to vote and that they choose God-fearing leaders … And above all, we teach ourselves and others to think and act Biblically.”
- Peter LaBarbera and Linda Harvey are going after two Cleveland hotels for allowing a “leather weekend” to take place at their facilites: “Events like this are a public health and safety disaster and a direct result of the tolerance of homosexual behavior now being forced on America. Homosexual America, this is on you.”
- “Coach” Dave Daubenmire vows to continue his crusade against Target: “We must stop this IDIOCY NOW!!! No men in the ladies room!! It is time to say NO t the out-of-control gender-challenged mafia.Please join us in pushing back. This Saturday we are going to begin to shove.”
- In a perfectly fitting move, Ben Carson will be involved in the process of vetting a running mate for Donald Trump.
- Finally, Napp Nazworth insists that evangelicals cannot be blamed for Trump’s success: “Trump has already been a disaster for the Republican Party, essentially dismantling the Reagan coalition and undermining its efforts to retain control of Congress. A Trump presidency would be a disaster for the entire nation, given that he is entirely unfit, in character and experience, to be president.For those reasons, it’s important to set straight the historical record — evangelicals led the opposition to Trump.”