Right Wing Bonus Tracks – 5/12/17
- Bill Donohue celebrates the cancellation of “The Real O’Neals” because he says its creator, Dan Savage, “is a vile anti-Catholic who is known for his sick sex columns and his obscene rants against priests.”
- Charlie Sykes says that the core identity of the modern conservative movement has simply become “anti-anti-Trumpism,” by which he means that “whatever the allegation against Mr. Trump, whatever his blunders or foibles, the other side is always worse.”
- Jerry Falwell Jr. says that he admires Donald Trump because of his birtherism: “He was brave enough to say something that was so politically incorrect. I had no idea where Obama was born or if he had a birth certificate; I didn’t have an opinion on that. But just the fact that he was bold enough to challenge Obama on something like that, because you didn’t see the press challenging Obama much. And so that impressed me that he was bold enough to do it.”
- Despite having been fired by Fox News amid multiple allegations, lawsuits and settlements for sexual harassment, Glenn Beck would be happy to have Bill O’Reilly join his network.
- Finally, Wayne Allyn Root says that President Trump should keep tweeting, regardless of what anyone thinks, because Trump is “always right” and knows “better than the rest of us.”