The May Day 2010 Program includes a schedule, a congressional vote chart on health care reform legislation, ads from supporters, and a copy of the “Christian Manifesto” that declares that while the U.S. is “the greatest civilization in history” it will only remain a leader in the 21st Century by returning to its “Biblical roots.”
May Day on the Mall: Lifting The Curse That Obama’s Election Has Brought Upon America
A Who’s Who (and some Who’s That?) of the Religious Right
The May Day organizing committee and speaker list are full of Religious Right leaders and groups that have declared war on the Obama administration and its initiatives. It includes Religious Right stalwarts like Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins, Liberty Counsel’s Mat Staver and Concerned Women for America’s Wendy Wright, as well as “historian” David Barton and more minor-league players like Vision America’s Rick Scarborough and Reclaiming America for Christ’s Rev. Paul Blair. It includes leaders of anti-gay groups and campaigns, like Pete LaBarbera and Prop. 8 leader and Gingrich acolyte Jim Garlow. Garlow, Lou Engle (who won’t be on the Mall because he’s spending the weekend conducting a potentially dangerous anti-gay Call event in Uganda) and Dutch Sheets were supposed to be hosting a similar pray-to-save-America event in June called Wilderness Outcry but that has been scrapped for lack of funds. (See the full list of May Day 2010 committee members and speakers below)
What you can look forward to:
6:10 — 7:00 AM Praise and Worship Music (Sunrise is 6:10 AM) The band Sonicflood recorded a song written especially for the May Day event – if you can’t wait, get your free clip here. In addition, the last 10-15 minutes of each hour will be music.
7:00 — 8:00 AM Opening Prayer (Mark Gurley), Pledge of Allegiance, and our National Anthem
Repentance for the Mountain of the Family:
· Repent on behalf of our individual sins—ask God to fill us with the Holy Spirit.
· Repent for divorce and how we have re-defined marriage — Invite God back into marriage.
· Repent for how we have treated family members, including the elderly and disabled.
· Invite God back into families, hospital decisions, hospices, etc.
Rev. Paul Blair, Dr. Jim Garlow, Bobby Schindler, Wendy Wright,
Karen Bodle, Mark Ettinger, Fr. Peter West, and the Hoffman family
Proclamations and prayers for the states of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, and Connecticut
8:00 — 9:00 AM
Repentance for the Mountain of Religion — the Church:
· Repent for pastors — Invite God to direct the Church’s role in the culture.
· Repent for churches that are “asleep.”
· Repent for churches that have compromised the truth in an attempt to be more popular.
Dr. Rick Scarborough, Dutch Sheets, Bishop E.W. Jackson, Chuck Pierce,
Cindy Jacobs, Mark Matta, Alvin Chun, and Bill Lewis
States of Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, and Indiana
9:00 — 10:00 AM
Repentance for the Mountain of Education:
· Repent for how we have kicked God out of school, prohibited prayer, and punished Christians.
· Repent for what has been taught with godless, evolutionary textbooks.
· Repent for how children have been taught about homosexuality and led astray from the truth.
· Invite God back into our classrooms, teaching, and policy.
Cynthia Dunbar, Mat Staver, Peter LaBarbera, William Federer, David Crowe, Bonnie Fridenmaker, and William Estrada
States of Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, and Massachusetts
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Repentance for the Mountain of Arts & Entertainment:
· Repent for how we have desecrated God with our music — Invite God to reign supreme in music and the arts.
· Repent for how we’ve assaulted God in our movies and television programs and exported our sin to other nations.
Rick & Ce Ce Heil, Dr. Ted Baehr, Wes Llewellyn, Sharon Ngai, and Janet Porter
States of Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, and Nevada
11:00 AM – Noon
Repentance for the Mountain of Business:
· Repent for greed and stealing from God what rightfully belongs to Him in tithes and offerings.
· Repent for the businesses that perform abortions, produce obscene material, or offend Him in other ways
· Invite God back into the managing of our finances.
Jerry Tuma, Mike Jacobs, Bo Chinn, Troy Newman, Stephanie Fullerton, William Owens, Jr., and Lucy Reithmiller
Presenting the “Christian Manifesto for the United States of America”
States of New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, N. Carolina, N. Dakota, and Ohio
Noon — 1:00 PM
Repentance for the Mountain of Government:
· Repent for how we have turned from God in Congress and our legislatures — Invite God to direct our lawmaking.
· Repent for how we have turned from God in our military — Invite God in every area from prayer in Jesus’ name to our military strategies and defense.
· Repent for our judicial system, for shedding innocent blood, desecration of marriage, and unrighteous verdicts — Invite God back into it and every decision we make.
· Repent for the executive branch (President & Governors) — Invite God back in to guide, direct and govern.
Chaplain Klingenschmitt, Ret. General Jerry Boykin, Rabbi Aryeh Spero, U.S. Rep. Trent Franks (Arizona), William Murray, Philip Jauregui, and Neigel Bigpond
States of Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, S. Carolina, S. Dakota, and Tennessee
1:00 — 1:45 PM
Repentance for the Mountain of Media:
· Repent for how the media has turned its backs on God and the truth.
· Repent for how they have become activists for evil.
· Invite God back into the media to guide and direct reporting in a truthful way.
Bryan Fischer, Tony Perkins, Dr. Jerry Newcombe, Rev. Rob Schenk, and Rev. Pat Mahoney
States of Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
1:45 — 2:00 PM Worship, Prayer, and Benediction
May Day Committee:
David & Janet Porter, Faith2Action
Mike & Cindy Jacobs, Generals International
Rev. Paul Blair, Reclaiming America for Christ
Dr. Jim Garlow, Renewing American Leadership
Dr. James Dobson, Family Talk with Dr. James Dobson
Tim Wildmon, American Family Association
Dutch Sheets, Dutch Sheets Ministries
Congressman Randy Forbes (Virginia)
Congressman Trent Franks (Arizona)
Congressman Louie Gohmert (Texas)
Congressman Steve King (Iowa)
Congressman Cliff Stearns (Florida)
Dr. Ted Baehr, Christian Film & Television Commission
David Barton, WallBuilders
Dick Bott, Bott Radio Network
(Ret.) Three Star General Jerry Boykin, Kingdom Warriors Ministries
Dr. Randy Brinson, Redeem the Vote
Bo Chinn, Christians Building Unity
Dr. Jerome Corsi, Author & Journalist
David Crowe, Restore America
Cynthia Dunbar, Texas State Board of Education
Don Feder, World Congress of Families
William J. Federer, Historian, Author, and Speaker
Deb Fritch, Lite the Fire
Kent and Christie Glesener, Shofar International Foundation
Rick & Ce Ce Heil, Sonicflood
Bishop Harry Jackson, High Impact Leadership Coalition
Bishop E W Jackson, STAND America
Philip L. Jauregui, Judicial Action Group
State Rep. Merle Kearns (Oklahoma)
Chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt, Pray In Jesus Name
Peter LaBarbera, Americans for Truth About Homosexuality
Rabbi Daniel Lapin, American Alliance of Jews and Christians
Bill Lewis, Sons of Issachar for the 21st Century
Rev. Pat Mahoney, Christian Defense Coalition
Mark Matta, Public Awareness Ministries
William J. Murray, Religious Freedom Coalition
Dr. Jerry Newcombe, Host, Coral Ridge Hour
Troy Newman, Operation Rescue
Chuck Pierce, Glory of Zion International
Dr. Rick Scarborough, Vision America
Kelly Shackelford, Esq.,Liberty Legal Institute
Rabbi Aryeh Spero, Caucus for America
Mathew D. Staver, Esq., Liberty Counsel
Jerry Tuma, Economist
Dr. Allen Unruh, Tea Party Coordinator
Don Van Curler, Board of Directors, Coral Ridge Ministries
Dr. Frank Wright, National Religious Broadcasters
Wendy Wright, Concerned Women for America