A Values Voter Presidential debate will be held at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on Monday, September 17th at 7:30 p.m. The majority of the Republican candidates have confirmed their attendance at the event.
30 of the nation’s most influential groups will asking the questions of the presidential candidates that matter most to the Values Voters – the largest voting block in America.
Also participating will be key pro-family leaders including:
* Phyllis Schlafly, President of Eagle Forum,
* Don Wildmon, Chairman of the American Family Association,
* Paul Weyrich, President of the Free Congress Foundation,
* Judge Roy Moore, Chairman of the Foundation for Moral Law,
* Janet Folger, President of Faith2Action,
* Rick Scarborough, President of Vision America,
* Mat Staver, Chairman of Liberty Counsel,
* Star Parker, President of the Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education,
* Bobby Schindler of Terri’s Fight, and
* Stephen Bennett of Stephen Bennett Ministries.
The organizers say that “All of the candidates who place our values (and our votes) as a priority will be there” though they have yet to provide any confirmation about just which Republican hopefuls will actually be attending. Not too long ago, the organizers were claiming that “seven of the nine Republican presidential candidates” had agreed to participate, but that has since been reduced to “a majority of the Republican candidates.”
Thus, it still remains to be seen just which candidates will agree to travel to Florida in order to rub elbows and be publicly grilled by this group of right-wing zealots.