Via Truth Wins Out, we see that the Southern Poverty Law Center has released a piece profiling Of 18 anti-gay organizations and has announced that they will be adding 5 new organizations to their list of active anti-gay hate groups.
The new additions are:
1. American Family Association
2. Americans for Truth About Homosexuality
3. Dove World Outreach Center
4. Family Research Council
5. Illinois Family Institute
The other anti-gay groups profiled by the SPLC but not offically designated as hate groups are:
1. Christian Anti-Defamation Commission
2. Concerned Women for America
3. Coral Ridge Ministries
4. Liberty Counsel
5. National Organization for Marriage
Given that SPLC make these designations “based on their propagation of known falsehoods…and repeated, groundless name-calling,” how some other these other groups – like Matt Barber/Liberty Counsel and Robert Knight/Coral Ridge Ministries – managed to stay off the list of designated hate groups is a bit of a mystery.