As we noted yesterday, Sen. Ted Cruz was scheduled to stop by the headquarters of the American Family Association, an anti-gay hate group, during a campaign swing through Tupelo, Mississippi, this morning for an interview with AFA president Tim Wildmon.
“Nothing is more important in the next 18 months than that the body of Christ rise up and that Christians stand up, that pastors stand up and lead,” Cruz proclaimed. “In this last election, 54 million evangelical Christians stayed home … If we can simply bring Christians to the polls — is it any wonder we have the government we have, we have the leaders we have if believers stay home and leave electing our leaders to unbelievers. We get exactly what we deserve and nothing is more important that having people of faith stand up and just vote our values, vote biblical values and that’s how we turn the country around.”
Cruz went on to list five specific step he would take, if elected president, on his first day in office:
1. Rescind every one of President Obama “illegal executive actions.”
2. Order the Department of Justice to open an investigation into Planned Parenthood for possible criminal prosecution.
3. Direct every government agency to end “the persecution of religious liberty.”
4. “Rip to shreds” the Iran nuclear deal.
5. Begin the process of moving the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.