Days after attending a reception hosted by two gay hotel magnates, Sen. Ted Cruz has introduced two bills that he hopes would block a Supreme Court decision striking down bans on same-sex marriage. One bill would amend the U.S. Constitution to allow states to prohibit same-sex marriage; the other, Bloomberg News reports, “would bar federal courts from further weighing in on the marriage issue until such an amendment is adopted.”
Rep. Steve King introduced a similar measure in the House this week to “strip federal courts of the ability to hear any case involving the issue of marriage equality.”
As Kyle noted yesterday, the proposal put forward by Cruz and King “was the brainchild of Faith 2 Action’s Janet Porter,” the anti-gay activist who recently “warned that gay marriage was responsible for Noah’s flood” and made a film arguing “that gay activists seek to criminalize Christianity,” among other claims:
- Said that the Shepard-Byrd Hate Crime Law will make it a felony to refuse the “unwelcome advance” from a gay person, give legal protections to pedophiles and imprison pastors.
- Insisted that she will soon be arrested for opposing LGBT rights because “people who disagree with homosexual behavior will … go to jail.”
- Claimed that pastors who won’t perform same-sex marriages will be “carried off into jail” in states with marriage equality laws.
- Cited a satirical essay to claim that gay rights advocates seek “the criminalization of Christianity.”
- Worked to promote opposition to gay rights with anti-Semitic pastor Ted Pike, who believes that Jews will commit an anti-Christian genocide to seek “world dominion.”
- Blamed gay rights for Noah’s Flood in a column entitled: “How Same-Sex Marriage Points To End Of The World.”
- Suggested that homosexuality is far more dangerous than cigarette smoking.
- Claimed Jason Collins’ decision to come out of the closet will endanger freedom.
- Criticized Disney World for allowing gay events that will “target thousands of children” by “parading public displays of perversion.”
- Predicted that Obama would personally meet with Osama bin Laden to broker a peace deal.
- Warned that President Obama will use the Swine flu to “round up American citizens” and throw them in “FEMA concentration camps.”
- Repeatedly warned that Obamacare will murder conservatives and impose “jail sentences on those who seek treatment outside the socialized health care system.”
- Asserted that Obama will create food shortages to bring about mass starvation.
- Argued that people who voted for Obama will go to Hell as his election brought a divine curse upon America.
- Asked God to stop Obama from taking office as president, warning that Obama is a Communist spy who has been plotting to destroy America since his birth.
- Called Hillary Clinton the “evil Queen of Slaughter,” predicting that she will throw Christians in jail if elected president.
- Claimed America has so far avoided God’s wrath, unlike Haiti, only because “Haiti was dedicated to Satan.”
- Wondered if former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson is the Antichrist.