Today, the Senate Judiciary Committee released the list of witnesses who will testify during Elena Kagan’s confirmation hearing next week – here is the list of “Minority Witnesses” who will oppose her confirmation:
– Robert Alt, Senior Fellow and Deputy Director, Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, The Heritage Foundation
– Lt. Gen. William “Jerry” Boykin, US Army (ret.)
– Capt. Pete Hegseth, Army National Guard
– Commissioner Peter Kirsanow, Benesch
– David Kopel, Esq., Independence Institute
– Colonel Thomas N. Moe, USAF (ret.)
– David Norcross, Esq., Blank Rome
– William J. Olson, Esq., William J. Olson, P.C.
– Tony Perkins, Family Research Council
– Steven Presser, Raoul Berger Professor of Legal History, Northwestern University School of Law
– Ronald Rotunda, The Doy & Dee Henley Chair and Distinguished Professor of Jurisprudence, Chapman University School of Law
– Ed Whelan, President, Ethics and Public Policy Center
– Dr. Charmaine Yoest, Americans United for Life
– Capt. Flagg Youngblood, USAF
Most of the witness are to be expected, but some -like Tony Perkins and Charmaine Yoest – are rather surprising.
And then there is Jerry Boykin. Really? That guy is completely off the rails.
He’s the one who was forced to retire after declaring that we were engaged in a spiritual war with Islam that “will only be defeated if we come against them in the name of Jesus,” saying that knows we will eventually win because our God is bigger than theirs.
Since then, Boykin has become a fixture on the fringe right-wing circuit, teaming up with the likes of “Christocrat” Rick Scarborough and Dominionist Janet Porter and even sharing the stage with professional anti-gay activists like Peter LaBarbera.
This is who Senate Republican want to bring it in testify against Kagan? The mind reels.