Today’s best reporting on the Right from around the web:
- Think Progress has video of “Joe the Plumber” suggesting that some members of Congress ought to be shot.
- Speaking of Joe, Steve Benen reports that, despite the fact that he seems to be the face of the conservative movement these days, nobody actually cares what he has to say.
- RH Reality Check explains how the Arkansas legislature just rammed through “Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act” by declaring “an emergency and proclaimed the passage of the bill immediately necessary for the preservation of the public peace, health, and safety.”
- MY DD takes a look at the ad being run by the global warming deniers at Americans for Prosperity featuring the founder of The Weather Channel.
- Pam reports on Colorado State Sen. Dave Schultheis, who wants babies to get AIDS because it’ll demonstrate the negative consequences of promiscuity. Seriously.
- Is Barack Obama Hitler or the Antichrist? Crooks and Liars posts a Daily Show video arguing that he is, in fact, both.
- The Washington Blade reports that donations from the Gill Action Fund made up nearly one-third of the Log Cabin Republican’s budget, which is news that is sure to only sharpen the Right’s opposition to the group.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center reports that the Youth for Western Civilization, which was co-sponsor of CPAC and even held its own reception during the conference, has a variety of ties to white nationalist groups.
- Finally, the Texas Freedom Network reports that the right-wing Free Market Foundation is looking for a new name and offers up several possible suggestions.