- Steve Benen takes a look at how the American Conservative Union sells its principles to the highest bidder.
- On a semi-related note, Conor Friedersdorf has a good post on how Human Events shills for obvious scams.
- TPM reports that infidelity seems rampant among those who inhabit the house on C Street, this time involving former Rep. Chip Pickering who, by the way, was recognized as a “True Blue” member of Congress “for supporting public policy that values human life, protects our religious liberties, and upholds the institutions of marriage and the family” by the Family Research Council Action and Focus on the Family Action last year.
- Alan Colmes provides a handy chart demonstrating how Frank Lutz controls Republican messaging.
- Box Turtle Bulletin: “Lying About The Hate Crime Bill, #2.”
- On a related note, we released out latest Right Wing Watch In Focus yesterday entitled “As Senate Prepares to Take Up Hate Crimes Bill, Far Right’s Inflammatory Claims Should Not Be Taken Seriously“:
Anti-gay organizations have been fighting the steady advance of federal hate crimes legislation with rhetoric that is increasingly unhinged from reality. When the U.S. House of Representatives passed a hate crimes bill on April 29 with a bipartisan 74-vote margin, Religious Right leaders and some of their congressional allies were inspired to new heights (or depths) of literally incredible accusations.