- The Victory Christian Center in Tulsa, OK will host the 2009 Night to Honor Israel from 7-9 p.m. March 2 with the Rev. John Hagee speaking.
- Rick Santorum says the Quran was “written in Islamic,” which is not a language. It was written in Arabic.
- FRC says it is understandable that so many Republicans are refusing to run for re-election. After all, “who can blame them for choosing not to sit at the foot of the most pro-abortion, socialist Speaker of the House in history?”
- Bill Donohue gets results. Yesterday the Catholic League voiced its outrage over a poster at the University of Georgia, claiming the “famous Michelangelo painting on the Sistine Chapel ceiling that features the hand of God giving life to Adam has been hijacked to promote condoms.” The school’s Vice President for Student Affairs immediately apologized.
- On his last day as Johnson County District Attorney, Phill Kline reportedly had copies of abortion records mailed to his office to Lynchburg, Va., where he had taken a job at Liberty University. The Johnson County District Attorney’s Office only found out about it because the box was returned because the address on the label was incorrect.
- Finally, this quote from Richard Land in opposition to DOJ nominee David Ogden seemed to be worth highlighting:
Ogden told the committee during his oral and written testimony that his legal positions on controversial pornography-related cases represented the views of his clients and did not reflect his personal beliefs. But that hasn’t been enough to appease opponents, who say that he could have turned down representing those clients if he found their positions so objectionable.
“That’s a moral cop-out, and it’s one reason why there are so many lawyer jokes,” Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, told Baptist Press regarding Ogden’s defense. “… A person’s views on pornography are a window to a person’s worldview, and this window shows a worldview that is inconsistent with what I want the American Justice Department to be.”