- Politico reports that there is a rebellion brewing among the GOP’s base and that “activists and officials say the party is as resolute as ever, if not more so, on cultural issues – regardless of the soundings of some party elites.”
- Carrie Prejean continues to capitalize on her anti-gay Miss USA fame and has signed on with “one of the country’s premier Christian PR firms, A. Larry Ross Communications—which represents such evangelical powerhouses as Rick Warren.”
- You know the times they are a changing when Promise Keepers starts opening its events to women.
- YouDiligenceTM is teaming with Focus on the Family to provide Internet safety services to families who want to protect their children from online predators and cyber-bullies and inappropriate online exchanges. Maybe they should have put this in place a few weeks ago.
- Mike Huckabee says George Soros is behind the Obama administration’s decision to release the torture memos.
- Concerned Women for America’s Wendy Wright wonders if the timing of the swine flu scare was “a political thing to push the [Kathleen] Sebelius nomination through.” Seriously. Glenn Beck makes the same allegation.
- Finally, there is this, which speaks for itself:
Utah County Republicans defeated a resolution opposing well-heeled groups that a delegate claims are pushing a satanic plan to encourage illegitimate births and illegal immigration.
Don Larsen, a Springville delegate, offered the resolution, titled “Resolution opposing the Hate America anti-Christian Open Borders cabal,” warning delegates that an “invisible government” comprised of left-wing foundations was pumping money into the Democratic Party to push for looser immigration laws and anti-family legislation.