- It looks like, after just one event, Rep. Eric Cantor’s National Council for a New America has already flamed out.
- Operation Rescue has launched a petition aimed at stopping LeRoy Carhart from opening a new facility in Kansas.
- The Alliance Defense Fund has announced that September 27 will be its second “Pulpit Freedom Sunday” in which churches and pastors are urged to challenge tax rules barring them from endorsing political candidates [PDF].
- A principal overseeing a high school in which church-state violations were reportedly rampant now faces possible jail time for violating a court order to cease such practices.
- Finally, Ralph Reed declares that “values voters” will resuscitate the GOP:
The bottom line is that voters primarily motivated by their values will not go away. They are a persistent bunch. They have now gained a place at the table, have been seasoned by the experience of building (and now losing) a governing majority, and they are going to speak to a broad range of issues, from the economy to climate change to health care. They will likely be at the center of any GOP revival of fortunes. No amount of name-calling or intimidation will make them go away.