- The Family Research Council is running radio ads targeting Rep. Bart Stupak.
- Speaking of FRC, Tony Perkins has been invited to speak at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference.
- Sen. Jim DeMint is out to fill the Senate with as many ultra-right-wing senators as possible.
- Concerned Women for America says their criticism of the RNC has brought in a lot of money for the organization.
- On a related note, Sarah Palin says RNC Chair Michael Steele is “doing a great job.”
- Finally, behold the current state of the GOP:
Although the rally was for Bachmann, the lawmaker spoke first and introduced Palin. The two women were quick to share their mutual admiration for each other.
“She is so much one of us,” Bachmann said of Palin, “And as absolutely drop dead gorgeous this woman is on the outside, I’m here to testify that she is 20 times more beautiful on the inside.”
Palin responded in kind, recalling a meeting in Alaska: “I knew that we’d be buddies when I met her when she said, ‘Drill here, drill now.’ And then I replied, ‘Drill, baby, drill’ and then we both said, ‘You betcha!’”