- James Dobson is out with his latest monthly newsletter and he is predictably still freaking out about the Supreme Court’s gay marriage ruling and its implications: “It is the beginning – an open door to the entire gay and lesbian agenda coveted and lusted after since the 1960s or before.”
- Bill Donohue reveals that he will be among of group who will be meeting with Pope Francis when he visits the United States later this month.
- Sylvia Thompson issues a dire warning: “What Kim Davis faces is pure fascism cloaked in victimhood, and the evil must be fought and fought vigorously, lest this nation become the latter-day Sodom on which path it is currently headed.”
- Jan Markell says that Sen. Al Franken has “engaged, I think, in the worse form of treason and committed the most gravest of crimes.”
- Finally, CBN’s David Brody proclaims that the jailing of Kim Davis is a victory of the Religious Right:
Look, can we get real for a moment? Liberals, if she ends up back in jail, do you really think that’s a victory for you? Hardly. If she goes back to the slammer, the evangelical voices and mobilization will just increase exponentially. No, if Kim Davis goes back to jail the sleeping giant (evangelicals in America) will arise even more. Trust me, that’s the last thing liberals want. Evangelicals, especially pastors in the pulpit have been relatively silent as the culture has deteriorated for decades. Don’t you want them to stay sleeping? You’re playing with fire.