David Kupelian, the managing editor of WorldNetDaily, joined Gun Owners of America’s Larry Pratt on “ Gun Owners News Hour” this weekend to discuss his recent book, “The Snapping of the American Mind,” in which he argues that liberal ideologies are driving Americans to suicide and addiction.
Kupelian’s book, which has won plaudits from conservative activists including Phyllis Schlafly, Matt Barber, David Barton, Dinesh D’Souza and former Rep. Michele Bachmann, argues that the “progressive Left” is “whether intentionally or not, promoting widespread dependency, debauchery, family breakdown, crime, corruption, addiction, despair, and suicide.”
Kupelian told Pratt that examples of “completely insane” progressive advances include “the sexual revolution and the LGBT movement,” including the choice of 50 genders on Facebook, “forcing teenage girls to have to shower with boys,” and marriage equality.
“These are things that most people, and a few years ago everybody, would have said is not only wrong but is completely insane, okay?” he said. “A few years ago, we would have said two men getting married is completely insane. Everybody in the world of all religions, left, right, center, everybody would have said you’re completely insane.”
“The case that I’m making in ‘The Snapping of the American Mind,’” he explained, “is that you know how we hear about all the suicides going on now, we hear about the huge upsurge among white, middle-class people living in the suburbs, we hear about the huge amount, one in four middle-aged women are taking antidepressants, we have all this individual pathology, all this wretchedness, all the suffering of the addiction and the 110 million people with sexually transmitted diseases. 110 million! All of these things, I’m saying that the left is the primary cause of all of this depression, anxiety, the huge amount of mental illness, of addiction, of suicide, all of these things that we hear about in a way that we sometimes hear about them in the news, but disconnect them from the source.
Other topics covered in Kupelian’s book, according to WND, include:
- How the Left has succeeded in redefining not just “marriage,” but the rest of Americans’ core values, from “equality” to “justice” to “freedom”;
- Why America, unquestionably the least racist nation on earth, is now being portrayed as a deeply racist pariah state;
- Why the United States is intentionally being flooded with millions of needy, dependent, Third World immigrants;
- How a group that amputates healthy body parts and has a 41 percent attempted suicide rate is officially declared “normal,” yet new “research” suggests conservatives have malformed brains;
- Which of the two major US political parties has a far higher incidence of mental illness;
- Why Americans today are more stressed-out, confused, conflicted, and addicted than at any time in the nation’s history—and where this ominous trend is leading.